Painting water and the reflecting objects is a very complex task. Apart from the general creativity, you will need to incorporate your logical aptitude in the painting. As such, the size and the orientation of the objects should be sincerely portrayed so as to give the painting a real feel. Also, since you are going to paint a fluid substance, you will have to consider the impact that depth, distortions and surroundings can have on the water surface.
Nevertheless, sweet are the use of labor, and once you dedicate your time in this arduous work, you will be able to accomplish the perfect blend and shade of whatever you intend to paint. Whether rivers, oceans or abandoned lake, you can choose your water body and use the following ideas to make your masterstrokes appear the best.
- Light, when reflected in water become dark, and when a dark object is reflected, the image appears light to us.
- For instance, if you are planning to portray the reflection of the sky in the water, make sure the reflected sky has darker shades than the sky above the water surface.
- If you want to draw a tree's reflection in the lake, the image will be a bit darker than the tree. So if you are using dark green for the tree on the ground, an apple green will work well for the reflected tree.
- Water: Reflectivity is relative to the observer
- Water behaves as an imperfect reflector and so the closer you get to the water surface, the lesser it reflects the image of the sky and nearby substances.
- Use this information in your painting style and gradate the images (reflected in the water surface) in the background from clear and light to the foreground that you can paint darker shades such as olive green. It will help the painting get the required realism.
For More visit : bobransley.org
The general idea behind displaying an artwork has always been focused on two main requisites: one, to protect the artwork, as much as one can do, and second, to ensure that the entire process is reversible in nature. That means one should always have the option to undo the framing, etc. and then redo the displaying as per the needs. Now that people are more conscious about conservation framing, it's popularity is an established truth.
Essential materials needed for framing:
Art lovers are now more informed and very much sophisticated in their preferences. So they appropriately ask for archival framing once they possess any original artwork. Archiving should is preferably done in a medium that is 100% non-acidic and has pH-buffered substrates (e.g., Polycrystalline Silicon ISFETs).
Other materials needed during the process are:
museum-grade glass equipment
linen paper tapes.
Both artists and art-lovers have appreciated the practice of using acid-free materials in framing an art piece. The manufacturing firms have taken this into cognizance and pro illa, they have expanded their product range to meet the increasing demands for quality matting supplies.
Refractive and reflective indices of glass can be a challenge. The glass material should not hinder the visibility of the painting, even when seen from different angles. A suitable display glass should:
Block a larger fraction of UV light rays
Meet ISO defined standards
Does not get delaminated or degraded over time.
It is recommended to have an inorganic silica-based UV blocking coating into the glass to produce a long-lasting bonded coating.
The styles have changed and now wider and more neutral (both color-wise and in terms of pH) mats are available. That gives the art frame an original and more modern feel. Art lovers now look for frames that can sustain a variety of environments. Of course, for a more complex framing, costs will be higher. However, the idea should be that the framing and the display materials are to complement the artwork and not to supersede or conceal it. Given that, the internet has provided the customers with far greater reach and availability in framing. The key strategy is towards looking for a good frame at a reasonable price. Recommendations from fellow professionals and eminent painters like Bob Ransley are also helpful in exercising a choice.